Designed to improve sustainability, productivity, and take costs out of the system, our Sustainability Packaging Audits look at many ways in which we can help you to achieve this, including;
- A change of film and /or print
- Improved pack design
- Down gauging
- Enhancing machine efficiencies
- Changing pack format
We will provide...
- A full report and review of current film and packaging operations
- A review of machine packing speeds and prospects for change
- Alternative film and / or print based on the latest technology
- A Packaging Technologist, along with a Packaging Engineer
- A review of current shelf life and the potential for change
- Trial reels for all films recommended
- Alternative machine configuration
- A CO2 Reduction Assessment
- Mutual capital investment
Our customers have received £2.5 million cost savings in just one year
Premier Foods decided to replace the PVdC coated packaging film on their Paxo stuffing range as part of their commitment to the UK Plastics Pact.
The challenge to the technical team at National Flexible was to supply a film that:
- Provided consumers with a fully recyclable solution.
- Incorporated as much recycled content as possible.
- Matched the sealing integrity and performance of the PVdC coated film.
- Maintained full food packaging compliance.
The resulting replacement film developed by National Flexible in conjunction with the polymer supplier and the film manufacturer, was ‘Highly commended’ in 2 categories at the 2022 UK Packaging Awards.
Thanks George, the packaging audits have worked extremely well and the cost savings are very welcome
Why these audits work
Every year, around the world there are packaging exhibitions, many of which introduce new film and print technology.
Our Technical Team regularly attend these events, enabling us to bring the very latest film and print technology's to you.
A few of the exhibitions we have visited...
|DRUPA Dusseldorf||Ipack Ima Milan|
|ANUGA Cologne||HISPACK Barcelona|
|INTERPACK Dusseldorf||Packaging Innovations Birmingham|
|Pack Embalage Bucharest||Label Expo Brussels|
|Fachpack Nuremburg||Gulf Print & Pack Dubai|
|Tokyo Pack Interzoo|
Mutual Capital Investment
Where an audit results in a change in the packaging process, or the retrofitting of machinery to accommodate new film or pack format, we will look to consider supporting the capital cost of the change, in exchange for longer term supply agreements.
Typical savings, all are ongoing...
- Running speed on one packaging line increased from 40-45m per minute, to 70-75m per minute
- We invested £80k on a retrofit with a customer giving them an £80k per year saving
- A 10 tonne reduction in packaging volume resulted in our customer saving £40k
- A cold seal application was changed to LTS film cost, saving £60k per year
- One of our customers saved over £50k per year on just one line
- Another customer saved £170k per year over 4 factories